Dawn in collaboration with the 'Master of Spices', Lior Sercarz at La Boite NY developed these freshly ground spices specifically for cocoa. Lior sources with extreme care and without compromise to compliment your morning coffee.
This complex blend of dark cacao (cocoa) and aromatic spices is quite unique. There are many beneficial health properties of Star Anise as it rich in antioxidants as well as Vitamin A and C. Ginger aids digestion, and some believe it may help fight colds and the flu. Cinnamon is a prebiotic, reduces inflammation, and has many health benefits. These spices are considered superfoods. Frankly, I love it on top of my foamy cappuccino.
Ingredients: cacao powder, cane sugar, crystallized honey, star anise, ginger, Saigon cinnamon, and spices
Directions - add 1 to 1 - 1/2 tablespoons directly into a cup and fill with hot milk or a coffee drink, but I suggest making this into a sauce that more than doubles the volume!
Follow this simple recipe-
Hot Chocolate Sauce:
- 2 - Tablespoons spiced cocoa mix (cane sugar in the mix)
- 2 - Tablespoon (2 fluid oz) boiled water
- Mix quickly with a wire whip or fork
Milk - 3/4 cup whole or alternative milk heated but not boiled. Pour into the chocolate sauce, stir and enjoy.
Sauce Servings: 2
- Mix into hot milk, black coffee, or espresso milk-based drinks.
- Sweeten with raw sugar or honey.
- Sprinkle on yogurt, smoothies, granola, oatmeal and pour over ice cream.
Net Wt: 10ozs / 16-32 servings